Intellectual Liberation Front: Knowledge Ecology.
Ecology is the science that studies how to protect our environment, i.e. how
to preserve all the resources that permit the human life for future
The most precious resource we have is human creativity.
Preserving the creativity is a main goal for the whole human race.
- Free Knowledge. Knowledge feeds creativity.
- Free Communication. Knowledge and Communication together create a virtuous
cycle. It is possible to speed up the creative process avoiding duplication
- Free teaching. Free use of knowledge (at least for no-profit applications).
Verbatim Copying. 2007. Renzo Davoli
- Elimination of the Babel effect. When there is lack of free communication,
similar concepts can be very hard to compare, just because different languages
have been invented and used by different groups.
- Increase of Logo-diversity. This is a main factor for the cultural
evolution. Starting from common knowledge, different groups can provide
different proposals. The free evaluation and comparison will select better
- Real awareness of real problems. Any kind of ecology must be based on
free and independent knowledge, otherwise we can end up supporting false
ecology based on misleading knowledge.
- Reduction (elimination) of censorship lobbies. Today these lobbies
(mainly publishers, but also religious institutions) decide a priori
which knowledge should circulate and which one must be hidden.
- Better efficiency, less need for energy: nobody will use an inefficient
solution when a better one exists.
- Better chances to solve problems: the best minds who want to solve one
specific problem can work in sinergy.
- Better intellectual productivity: it is possible to know the tallest
giants and those who give the best perspective on the desired direction of
- Less costs and delays due to discussions and trials regarding
limitations to intellectual freedom.